Tuesday 14 May 2013

My 1974 visit to Bangladesh




...Memories ... photograph of 1972 at  Teen  Murti  Lawns
 (14 November, Chacha Nehru's birthday & National 
Science Exhibition for Children).. the then Prime Minister
Smt. Indira Gandhi asks  me to take this Mobile Science
  laboratory personally to Dhaka to donate  this to newly
 born Bangladesh  as her gift  for taking Science to villages.
 This Mobile Science  lab  was designed  and fabricated by 
me at the NCERT workshop, New Delhi.
       With  mutual arrangement between the two countries,
 I drove it all the way from Delhi to Dhaka in October ,1974
 and handed  over this to the then  Education Minister,
Bangladesh in  a huge International gathering  at the 
Education Extension Centre, Dhaka
     
   






No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
Bachelor of Mechanical Engineering( Jadavpur Univ),PhD(IIT-Delhi)